Yana Mohanty CV | Resume
Ph. D., M.S., B.S.
- Ph. D. in Mathematics, UCSD, 2002
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1993
- B.S. Magna Cum Laude in Electrical Engineering, UCLA, 1989
Current Professional Activities
Founder, Imathgination LLC, 2014
- Co-founder and instructor at the San Diego Math Teachers’ Circle, 2011- present
- Designed and taught workshop for Teachers, California State University, Long Beach. Wallpaper Patterns: Analysis and Exploration. 2010
- Speaker at the Mathematics Diagnostic and Testing Project Conference on Geometric Reasoning, UCSD. Geometry and the Imagination. 2009
- Instructor, San Diego Math Circle, 2007 – present
- Coach, Ocean Air Elementary School Math Club, 2015- present
Patents and Patent Applications
- Mohanty, Y. “Set of Variably Assemblable Polygonal Tiles with Stencil Capability” 2015, U.S. Patent No. 9,070,300.
- Mohanty, Y. “Polygonal Tiles for Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Symmetry Structures,” U.S. Patent No. 9,498,735.
- Mohanty, Y. “Construction of a 3/4-Ideal Hyperbolic Tetrahedron out of Ideal Tetrahedra,” Discrete and Computational Geometry 32:117-128 (2004).
- Mohanty, Y. “The Regge Symmetry is a Scissors Congruence in Hyperbolic Space,” Algebraic and Geometric Topology (3), 2003, pp. 1-31.
Palomar College, San Marcos, California.
Pre-algebra and algebra.
|2002-2008||UCSD, La Jolla, California. Calculus, Differential Equations.
|1999||Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH. Team-taught “Geometry and the Imagination” with Peter Doyle.
Teaching Assistant in the Mathematics Department at UCSD.
Taught discussion sections and computer labs for undergraduate mathematics courses.
|1996||Chapman University, San Diego, California. Pre-calculus.|
Research and Industry Experience
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Mathematics, UCSD
|1994-1995||Applications Engineer, Loral Test and Information Systems,
San Diego, California.
|1991-1993||Research Assistant, Department of Electrical and Computer
Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
|1989-1991||Member of Technical Staff, Hughes Aircraft Company,
El Segundo, California.